Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 9, Week 5 April 21, 2014






R GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!! Surprise! Yeah, didn't know this one was coming when I sent my email last Monday. We hadn't visited her in a while, but we got permission from President Tilleman to do so (because of the reason she had been reflected, he asked us to clear it with him first, which we did, and he okay-ed it), so we stopped by last Monday night. Come to find out, her male roommate has moved out. We don't know why, he just gave her notice and left. So we reset her date for Sunday and she got baptized. Such a miracle. We had to get everything cleared, and we didn't get the complete go ahead until Friday. Such a blessing and a huge miracle! This has been a long time in coming. I first met her my second day in Westbank, way back in the middle of November. I am so happy for her, and she was so excited to get baptized. She kept calling us and telling us how happy she was and how excited she was. It was such a blessing. I don't even know what else to say about it. That was kinda the focus of my whole week. :)
So Easter was good. :) One of the less active sisters that we are working with fed us a wonderful Easter dinner on Saturday. It was so good! We spent a couple days this week going around and dropping off Easter eggs with jellybeans and scriptures inside them at members, less-actives, and investigators homes. It was supposed to be a secret, but we kept getting caught. I guess sister missionaries just aren't that sneaky. Of course, the skirts and conspicuously clean white car don't do much to hide. Meh. We also heart-attacked an investigator's door. She was in Creston, and she is going through a bit of a hard time, so we left hearts all over her door with uplifting scriptures. That was fun. Hopefully it will help lift her up a bit.
I got to go down to Osoyoos/Oliver on Wednesday. That is the other companionship in our district, and one of the sisters down there has been really sick for the last few weeks. So Sister Manaso and I drove down there Tuesday night and spent all day Wednesday with them, so that one companionship could go out and the other could stay and rest. I was so grateful that we were able to go down and help them out, especially since they did that for me when Sister Smigel was sick. It really is such a blessing to be able to serve, not only those in your area, but other missionaries, and to be able to return the service that was rendered to me just a few weeks ago was so wonderful.
So, here's a few pictures from this week.  One was of Sister Manaso and I outside our car. Brother Carullo loves taking pictures, especially of missionaries! He is the ward mission leader, after all. So many pictures this week!
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Sister Mary Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment