Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Qualicum Beach, Transfer 12, Week 3, August 11, 2014

So... I know that a lot happened this week, but I can't tell you basically any of it. Sorry. My memory seems to be going the longer I spend in Qualicum Beach. I think my body and brain are just adjusting to the average age of the population here. :) I do remember a few things, so bear with me.


E is doing so great and she will be getting baptized on Saturday! It is so exciting, and the branch can barely believe it. Everyone seems so shocked. I guess it has been a bit of a really dry spell for them, and they are really happy to finally have people coming out to church and getting baptized. E has changed so much since we met her. She is so much more confident in herself and she is so much happier too! I love it. Seeing people change and seeing the gospel lift them is the best thing ever.

G finally came to church too! She looks a lot better, and she can actually walk pretty normally now too. It was a bit of a surprise, because she has said that she would come for several weeks now, but hasn't made it due to health. I'm so glad she was finally able to come!

Also, Friday was crazy. I finally got to go to Victoria! John Bytheway was speaking to the youth in Victoria Friday night and President Burt arranged for him to do a missionary meeting right before. So it was a day of meetings. Zone meeting in the morning, John Bytheway in the afternoon and again in the evening. Lots of driving. But super fun. Brother Bytheway was very good to listen to. He made some very key points about the Spirit and coming to Christ. I wish I had my notes with me so that I could share them with you. One of the things that I remember strongly though was that often, we don't even recognize that we are feeling the Spirit, and that most of us don't ever feel a strong "burning of the bosom" as in a caloric heat. Usually that refers to an intense emotion. But even that doesn't have to happen for it to be the Spirit!
We got to have some sisters stay with us on Thursday night before that, and two of them had been out for a year, and they brought a cake, so after planning, we were able to celebrate with cake and decorating their faces. Sharie gave me some oil face paint crayons, so we had fun with that. :) That's what the picture is from.

Also, this week coming is going to be super crazy. It's Sister Gibb's last full week as a missionary! Crazy! In 9 days, I won't have a companion any more. I still don't exactly know what will happen. Hopefully by the time I email next week I will. Otherwise I will be extremely lost as to what to do with myself without a companion!

As I said earlier, a lot of other things happened this week, but I honestly do not remember most of them. Sorry! I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful week!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment