Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Qualicum Beach, Transfer 11, Week 5, July 14, 2014



It has been so so so hot here this week!!!!! Like crazy hot. It is so humid and I am just dying. Somehow, when I was packing to come to Canada, I didn't think about the summers, even though I had two of those, and only one winter! However, the last summer, it wasn't as humid where I was, so I didn't sweat as much. Good thing we aren't worried too much about how we look! The most consistent comment we get at doors is "Aren't you hot?" Oh, yes, we are. But that's okay! Because it is worth it! There are some really nice people though, and a lot of them will give us water if we need it. Because there are so many grandparents who live here, they are always worried about us, even if they aren't interested! It's really funny!
We have really seen so many miracles this week. It's such a blessing. The week started off really really slow, and we kinda got in a rut. But towards the end it really picked up and finished off with a bang. I was really able to see the Spirit leading us to exactly the right place at the right time for everything! We had a couple drop by lessons with people who really needed us to show up then. So special.
We taught this one lady who we met several weeks ago about prayer and how she can have a completely open conversation with Heavenly Father, and it totally changed her completely. She had never heard of praying in such a personal way before, and it has really helped her. She said she woke up the next day excited for the day! Such a blessing. I love being a missionary!
So, the pictures are from a challenge to take a picture daily. You know you are getting to the end of your mission when your socks have holes! We are just hoboing it around here, because both Sister Gibb and I are getting ready to die! And we were tired. It's great. :)
Sorry it's so short this week! I love you all so much!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment