Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 7, Week 6, Jan 27, 2014

So, today is my 300th day as a missionary! Yes, I counted. I got curious! Besides, it is so much more fun to count how long I have been out than how much I have left. The number is bigger. :)
This week has been nuts. Sister Smigel has been sick since Tuesday, so there has been a lot of resting going on. Lots of extra study time, and I even got a couple naps in. I've decided that, as weird as it sounds, I hate naps. Too much time wasted. But I couldn't do anything else, so I napped. Too much studying also fries your brain and it needs a rest. But even though we were stuck in for a long time, we still got some good work done when we were out, so I don't feel too bad about it. We also had exchanges this week, so I was able to get a full day in with Sister Galbraith. That was good. I love exchanges! It is so great to learn from other missionaries. Everyone has a different perspective and way of doing things, and it is always so great to be able to try new things.
E and A and S are doing awesome! A and S are both going to get baptized on the 15th! And President Tilleman is going to baptize them! It's so awesome. So, on Saturday, we took them on a church tour so they would know where everything was and they could get more familiar with everything. So when we got to the baptismal font, we actually opened it up and let them walk down in it and showed them how deep the water would be so that S could see it really wasn't that scary. Then last night, we took them over to Kelowna to see the four baptisms that the missionaries over there had. It was perfect, because one of the people getting baptized was a 9 year old little girl. And President Tilleman was there. Anyway, S decided during the service that he actually did want to get baptized! He had said no before because he was scared and I don't think he was really sure what baptism was. But he wants to now! And both of them wanted President Tilleman to baptize them, and he said yes! It's so amazing. E was crying the whole time, because of the Spirit. She said that it brought back such strong memories of her baptism and she is so excited for her kids to get baptized! I love it!!! Heavenly Father works such miracles in our lives! It's absolutely amazing to see what He can do with us when we are willing to listen to Him and when we are obedient to His commandments. To Him, as long as we repent, it doesn't really matter what has happened in the past. He just wants us to move forward in the right direction and turn to Him. That's the whole purpose of baptism and partaking of the sacrament. We can be just as pure and clean every single week! We don't have to carry our mistakes forever, they can be gone. Gone forever. It's such a beautiful gift, one we can never say thank you for enough!
I love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment