Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 8, Week 1, Feb 10, 2014

So, I stayed put! So did Sister Smigel. We are still here in Westbank, and I am glad, because that means both of us will be here for A and S's baptism! That is this Saturday! It is super exciting. I love baptisms. That is probably one of the best things about being a missionary. You get to be involved in every detail, from the teaching to the program, to making sure you have clean clothing in the right size! And thousands of other little things. It's a really good thing that I have a planner to write everything down in, otherwise, I would forget half the things that I need to do every day. :) It's a little weird to think about, actually. I used to not be overly fond of using a planner. Now I don't know how I ever lived without one. :) It also makes a very good journal, in addition to the one that I actually write everything out in.
This week has been a little rougher than usual. Sister Smigel is still sick, and we went to the doctor on Tuesday. He ordered some blood work to see if we can find out what is wrong. At this point, she is having a hard time standing up straight, and so our work has dwindled to mostly just appointments and maybe two or three doors if we are lucky. Other than that, per the mission nurse's instructions, we spend a lot of time resting. We are still waiting on results, even though she got the blood drawn on Wednesday. Also, we counted, and the doctor ordered 16 different tests! It was crazy. They took 6 vials of blood and one was really big. I honestly don't think that helped with any of the shakiness or dizziness or weakness that she is experiencing. But that's my unprofessional non-medical opinion. It's a little hard,but I know that she needs it, so I am using this time to work on my patience! I think I'm actually getting a little better... hopefully. I'm not so impatient, but I have to work on filling that hole with patience, or the impatience will just come back. You can't just get rid of a bad habit, you have to replace it with something good, or it won't work. You will just fall back into that habit to fill the void that it left in your life.
S and A get baptized this week!! They are so excited and to be honest, so am I! Also, they asked us this week when they can serve a mission. I don't think I've ever seen two kids more committed to sharing the gospel with everyone they meet! They are constantly talking to people about God and Jesus Christ and how much they love us. It is so adorable. And they are inviting their friends to their baptism. It is so great. And to think, less than a month ago, S didn't even know who Jesus Christ was. Little children are so precious and they are so sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit! And they have absolutely no fear about sharing the gospel with everyone they possibly can. Is it any wonder Christ told us to be as little children? They know so much!
I love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment