Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 7, Week 4, January 13th, 2014

So, crazy week, as always.  R is gone again. We don't know what is going on, so we are just going to have to wait until she shows up again. It is super sad, but I know God is going to take care of her and it will all work out in the end. At the same time, we also aren't teaching N anymore. She won't keep her commitments and actually agreed to go to a birthday party that was at the same time as church while we were sitting with her. So, she's not quite ready. And we are going to let her sit a little while longer.
This week has actually been super helpful for me too. Honestly, when they make you a district leader, there really isn't a ton of training on how to be a district leader. But this last week, the zone leaders gave us a training on a conference call and then I had an interview with President Tilleman where I was able to ask him some questions and I actually think I might have a better handle on what I am supposed to be doing now. It's funny how that makes everything a little easier and a little less stressful.
Actually, it's been pretty stress-free recently. I've been working a lot on patience and trust and it is paying off. When things blow up in our face or an investigator doesn't follow through and show up to church or show up to their appointments or they decide they don't want to meet anymore, it is so sad, but it I don't really worry. Heavenly Father's hand is in this work, and it is so obvious. And if it is the right time, things will happen. Don't get me wrong, we still have to work so hard we can't see straight. We still have to follow up with our investigators and do everything within our power to help them, but if it doesn't work out, it's okay. We simply have to work as hard as we possibly can. Then others exercise their agency and make their decision. If it is supposed to work out now, it will. If not, it won't. And we have to let them make that choice. If we don't, we definitely are not following Christ. I've actually found a lot of peace knowing that if I am doing my best, then everything will work out as it should. God's timing is not always our timing and we have to accept that sometimes, as hard as that is.
Anyway, on the exciting news front, in the beginning of March, we are going to have a member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles visit our mission, along with 3 other General Authorities. We don't know who it is yet, but this is so exciting!
I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment