Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Qualicum Beach, Transfer 10, Week 1, May 5, 2014



I got transferred! Surprise! I am now on Vancouver Island, serving in Qualicum Beach. It is a little branch and it is just so cute. I think the average age is probably in the 50-60 age. We have a couple youth, but no active primary. So we are working on that. My new companion is Sister Gibb, and we are both Sister Training Leaders. So it's kinda cool, but also a lot of work. We are always so busy!!! Sister Gibb is from Edmonton, Alberta, and she came out the transfer before I did, and she has been a Sister Training Leader for a long time. So at least one of us knows what is going on. :)
This week has been nuts! We got the phone call Monday night. Sister Manaso gets to be with one of her old companions, so she was super excited about that.They are going to do a stellar job in Westbank. So Wednesday we bused down. This was potentially the last bus ride of my mission, unless they send me back to the Okanagen. I don't know why, but this bus ride seemed longer than all the other ones, probably because it was just so pretty outside!! I've attached a picture from the bus ride. Summer is definitely coming to the Okanagen!
Transfer meeting was absolutely amazing, as always. So many of the sisters that I know really well were there. It was just awesome. I love transfer meetings. It was President Tilleman's second to last transfer meeting, so it just seems to get more and more intense, because there is so much they want to do and to teach us, but there just isn't enough time! And then on Friday, I got to go to my first mission council. That was super cool. I love President Tilleman, and the way he teaches us so clearly is absolutely amazing. It was also really cool, because I have attended many zone meetings, where the sister training leaders and the zone leaders teach us the same things taught in mission council and to now attend mission council and to realize the exactness that my leaders have used in communicating President Tilleman's instructions and trainings was so wonderful. Definitely such a blessing!
And then I got to take my first ferry! It was super cool. Usually we drive onto the ferry, but since our car was parked in Nanaimo, we walked on. We had sent most of our luggage over with the Nanaimo sisters when they went back on Thursday night, so we only had to take our carry-ons with us. It was just so pretty!! I've attached a picture of the sky from the ferry. It was a lot more beautiful than the picture shows, but it tries. 
I am so grateful to be a missionary. This is just the most amazing thing that I can think of. No where else can we get the experiences and knowledge that we get on a mission. So many of the trainings that we were given this week apply not only to our mission, but to our life. And I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to help people learn about Jesus Christ! It is just so amazing to watch people change and grow and feel the love of their Savior. It is just so great!
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment