Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 8, Week 6, Mar 17, 2014

And, it's the end of another transfer. I honestly wish they would tell us on Sunday night instead of Monday night. Then there would be more time to pack, more time to say goodbye, and we could tell our families! But I guess they do it this way for a reason. I just don't know what it is. :)
Once again, it's been a really really slow week. We were able to see R. She had her surgery on the 7th, and it went really well. She spent a week in the hospital and was discharged on Friday. None of the complications that the doctors were afraid of have popped up, which we are all so grateful for. I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but the doctors were so concerned about this surgery that they were planning her funeral. So it is definitely a relief for it to be over. Now, once she is healed and she has new roommates, there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of her being baptized. And she wants it so bad. Honestly, if she had her way, she would have been baptized at the beginning of December, as we planned. But Heavenly Father has a plan, and it will work out eventually. I guess we are just supposed to learn to be patient.
The Sister Training Leaders came over Sunday night again, and I went out with Sister Galbraith. Heavenly Father is so so kind, and He has blessed me so much again! We weren't able to find a new investigator, but we did have 30 QGCs, which is nothing short of a miracle. I have never had that many QGCs in a day before -- at least while we have been keeping track. :) And Heavenly Father helped us have that many in 2 1/2 hours.
Sister Smigel is doing a little better, but not much. We have been told that she will be transferred back down to the Lower Mainland so she is closer to President and Sister Tilleman, Sister Hogg (the mission nurse) and Doctor Chan (the mission doctor). So we just have to wait until tonight to find out where she is going, and what is going to happen with me! As much as I have learned and grown from this experience, I am grateful that the end is in sight and that I will be able to go back to work full time. Missionary work is honestly such an amazing gift and privilege. I love my mission!
I love you all!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment