Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 7, Week 7 Feb 3, 2014






Did you know that I have been a missionary for 10 months today? It's just crazy. I really don't feel like it has been that long. It's actually a little freaky. I was thinking about it recently, because two sisters that I really look up to and admire are going home in two days and I realized that I have been on a mission longer than most of the sisters in this mission. That's one way to feel old. :)
Anyway, it was a bit of a slower week, which is okay. Everyone is bound to have their bad times and their good times. But it was still great. A and S are so ready to get baptized! And it is so soon! Just 12 more days! I am so excited for it. And they decided they want me to sing at their baptism. That one is Sister Smigel's fault. We were talking about the baptismal service and making suggestions about who could do what or what they could have on the program, and Sister Smigel piped up with "Sister Peterson could sing a song!" And they liked that idea. I'm actually a little excited for that, just nervous. It's been a while since I sang in front of people. Actually, the last time I did was at U's baptism. I seem to be sensing a pattern here. :) I don't really mind. I love singing.
Sister Smigel is getting better, slowly, but we had a bit of a setback on Friday. So no more eggs. Ever. She's just still really really weak right now, so it's driving her nuts. Apparently, she has never been this sick before, so she is getting a little frustrated. I'm just getting a lot of study time in. I learned some really cool things this week, but I left my notes at home, so I will tell you all about it in my next email.
So, I've also decided I need to stop challenging Canadian weather. Last week, I kept saying stuff about how it wasn't snowing and it didn't really seem like Canada. So it snowed this week! For two days straight actually. And our car does have snow tires, but they are really worn down. So we were trying to get up a hill on the second day of snow and I had the gas pedal practically flat on the floor and we were barely creeping along. There were five kids playing in their front yard and they were dying laughing at us. :) So we called the vehicle coordinator to see if they had any news on getting us new tires. Apparently, Salt Lake won't approve new tires because they are retiring that car soon. So this week, over transfers, the car is going to go down to the Lower Mainland and they are going to give us a brand-new car up here! I am super excited about that! It's going to make driving in the snow so much easier. Anyway, after the two days of snow, we had two beautiful days of sun. It was so pretty! So because we didn't have a lot of k's left (like practically none!) we decided to walk to district meeting. We took some pictures on the way because it was just gorgeous! We have the best views here, with the mountains and the lake and everything!
I love you all!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment