Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Qualicum Beach, Transfer 11, Week 1, June 16, 2014

It has been a crazy and blessed week. So many miracles! I don't even know where to start. I finished off my 10th transfer, and this transfer has probably been one of my favorite transfers of my mission. I don't know if I have ever worked so hard, or been blessed so much by Heavenly Father. Honestly, I just love Sister Gibb so much! I have learned so much from her, and it is just so easy to talk to her. This is her last transfer, and she is probably going to stay for about 3 weeks into the next one, but in all likelihood, I am going to kill her. But I am so grateful that we both got to say. Qualicum Beach is a little paradise. I just love it here.
G is doing so well. He is just so excited to get baptized. We ended up moving his date back a week so that some of his true friends would be home from vacation for his baptism. They have been working with him for years, and we didn't think it would be right to baptize him just four days before they came home. I would be so sad if that was me.
Also, the lady that I talked about a little while ago who met missionaries in Winnipeg is doing great. She and her husband are Catholic, but super open. She just doesn't get it yet. She really wants her husband to be baptized though! Our last lesson was probably one of the weirdest ones that I have ever had. We invited them both to be baptized, and she said no because she has already been baptized and confirmed in the Catholic church (so she didn't understand when we explained about the priesthood and apostasy...) but she really wanted her husband to say yes. She actually spent about 5 minutes telling him why he needed to say yes. She doesn't think that his baptism and confirmation in the Catholic church was really valid, so I'm a little confused about that. But it's great. She came to church yesterday (her husband was sick so he couldn't come) and it turns out that she knows one of our members who used to be Catholic, and our branch president had some of the same teachers in high school back in Winnipeg! That was a crazy coincidence. Or just a crazy miracle. She is so awesome.
Also, I'm probably going to get fat this transfer! So many people are feeding us. The branch has finally caught the missionary spirit, and they keep inviting us over for dinner WITH people for us to teach! With the meals from this past transfer and what we have scheduled, in two months in Qualicum Beach, I will have been fed more by the members than the whole rest of my mission combined! I'm not used to this at all, and it seems really weird to me. But I am so grateful that the branch is so excited to do missionary work. I think they finally realized that they don't have to invite someone over who wants to be baptized, just someone who we can teach, and if they aren't interested, we will leave it at that. Blessings!
I am just so happy. I really don't know when I have been more happy (besides other times on my mission). This is seriously the best thing that I have ever done, and I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve my Savior, my Heavenly Father, and my brothers and sisters.
I love you all! Have an amazing week!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment