Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 9, Week 2, Mar 31, 2014

So crazy thing that I realized this morning. I got set apart a year ago today. If that doesn't make me feel like an old missionary, I don't know what will. Actually, I probably feel super old when I hit my year mark on Thursday! It's so crazy. Especially since for elders, it seems like a year mark isn't as big of a deal as it is for sisters. But then again, we have 6 months less than they do. I just don't want to think about it anymore. :)
It has been such a blessed wonderful week! Sister Manaso and I have worked so hard, and we have definitely been super blessed! We were able to hit almost every single standard of excellence! We were short a few people in church, but we found so many new people to teach, taught a bunch of member present lessons, and set one baptismal date! It was so amazing and I am so grateful. Heavenly Father has been showering us with blessings. And with the blessings come the crazy experiences again!
Back in my first transfer in Westbank, I was on exchanges with our district leader Sister Petersen in Westbank. We were tracting and we knocked on this door and a lady opened it and started yelling at us and chastising us for knocking on doors. She said some super crazy things, and eventually we just walked away. Well, on Tuesday, Sister Manaso and I were tracting, and one of the doors looked super familiar. We knocked on it, and the same lady opened the door (I guess I've been here long enough to re-tract!). But this time she was super friendly and really nice, and she became a new investigator! When she told us her name, I nearly fell over with shock. She had a complete turn around. But then at our return appointment she was using the Bible to underhandedly insult Joseph Smith and imply that we are following false prophets. She said she is going to come to General Conference to see for herself. Hopefully she will be open to the Spirit!
Rb is doing okay. Her incision got infected and started to open up a little, so she has to be a little more careful and she can't be moving around a ton. We have set a baptismal date for her of May 19th and I know she can make this one. She has been given some amazing promises, and she has so much faith and is trying so hard! Hopefully we will be able to move it up, because as soon as she is healed and has a new roommate, she can get baptized!!
I am so grateful for the gospel. So many people are just so lost and we are so blessed to have the knowledge of God's commandments. One of our investigators is an alcoholic, and is constantly drunk. Like from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed. It is super sad, and we have to reflect her, because she can't understand and won't listen. It's completely ruined her life. It's so sad.
I know this is true! I wouldn't be able to do this if it wasn't! Heavenly Father has so many tender mercies that he showers upon us each and every day, and we just have to look for them!! http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=911029453001

I love you all!!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment