Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Qualicum Beach, Transfer 10, Week 6, June 9, 2014

So, they did transfer calls last night for some reason, and I get to stay in Qualicum Beach! So does Sister Gibb, so we won't be going to transfer meeting. That will be the second one that I miss, which is kinda sad, but I am glad that we both get to stay!
This week was absolutely amazing. We had mission council on Wednesday, and it was President Tilleman's last mission council. It was so powerful and spiritual. We sat in council for 4 hours without a break, just being trained by President and Sister Tilleman and Dan Tilleman (one of their sons who returned from his mission about a year ago). It was just such a powerful meeting, and I learned so much. Even as I have reviewed my notes and as Sister Gibb and I prepared a training for zone meeting, the Spirit came back again and bore witness to me of the truth again. I really am so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve with and learn from President Tilleman, but I am also so excited to serve with and learn from President Burt. It is just going to be amazing.
I think one of the biggest things that was reemphasized for me was obedience, and how we simply have to be obedient. Dan Tilleman talked a little bit about the Spirit and obedience and miracles. Something that he said really struck me. When we are being exactly obedient, if we need to, we can call miracles down from heaven. It's an interesting concept, because we can't just demand things from God. But when we are being exactly obedient, our hearts are in the right place, and we won't ask God for things that we don't need, and we will have the faith to work the miracles. I have definitely seen that in my mission. But the miracles that I have asked for that I have received have never been directly benefiting me. when I am asking for me, that's being selfish. But when my heart is in the right place, and I am humble, it works. It doesn't always happen right away, although it has done that before, but it happens. God does answer prayers. But we have to be in the right frame of mind to hear the answers, and that requires obedience. Sister Tilleman also said that obedience is God's love language. That is how we show that we love God. We can't just say it, we have to do it too.
We really just saw so many miracles this week, and I really am so grateful to be serving a mission in this little corner of paradise that God has sent me to. Vancouver Island is something else. It's just magic. People here will tell us that they are in their 70s, 80s, and sometimes even 90s, but they look like they are in their 60s, maybe 70s! It's crazy.
Oh! Also, I don't know if you remember N, who I taught in Westbank on and off again. She sort of progressed, but then she didn't and it just went back and forth and she was in reflection when I left, but still coming to church. She got baptized yesterday!! It was complete out of the blue miracle that I totally didn't see coming. When I left Westbank six weeks ago (it seems like years...) she still didn't think she wanted to get baptized, and she had a ton of concerns that we just couldn't resolve. But Sister Manaso and Sister Biggs were the right combination! The Spirit softened her heart, and she got baptized. Such a cool miracle!
I love you all! Have an amazing week!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment