Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 9, Week 1, Mar 24, 2014

So, I stayed in Westbank! And my new companion is Sister Manaso. She is from Bangkok Thailand, and is the first Thai missionary to serve in Canada. She has been out for four months, and she came here from Surrey 3rd, one ward over from where I was in Surrey 1st! She is such a hard worker and an amazing teacher. I am so grateful that I get to be her companion. We are going to work so hard and see so many miracles this transfer, I just know it!
Because it was transfer week, we really weren't able to get a whole lot done. But I did learn so much. Transfer meeting are the best. I love them so much. I always learn so much, and then I have so many things that I want to apply and change in my missionary work! But you have to start small. If you set too many goals, you will overwhelm yourself and then you won't get anything done at all. And the what was the point of setting any of those goals? :)
Interesting thought about goals. In Preach My Gospel, it tells us that "Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish." As I've been thinking about it, I realized it not only shows our desires and our vision, but it also shows our faith and the extent of our vision. We should set realistic goals, but we should do our best to uncap our faith, because that is when we truly see the miracles in our lives. The miracles will increase in direct proportion to our faith, and it takes a lot of faith to set high goals. And then when you don't hit your goals right away, you need to continue to have faith and try again. Eventually, if you rely on the Lord for help, if your desires are in line with His, you will succeed. It's a beautiful thing.
In transfer meeting, while talking about exact obedience, someone said that to be exactly obedient is to act in such a way so that if the Savior were to come to our mission or our home or work or wherever we are, we wouldn't have to change a thing. That really struck me. President Tilleman doesn't stress obedience so much to make us follow all these little rules, he does it so that we are doing this work the Savior's way, which is so important, as this is His work! I loved that, and thinking about that has just increased my desire to be as obedient as I possibly can. I have seen so many blessings from it!
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Sister Peterson

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea." Psalms 46:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment