Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 8, Week 5, Mar 10, 2014

I have seen so many miracles this week. It's amazing how much Heavenly Father blesses you when you do what He asks you to do! He just asks us to do the little things, and when we do the little things, he blesses us with the big things. It's just so amazing.
Sister Smigel still isn't doing well, and as a result, we still aren't able to do much work. It can be very hard, but at the same time, I am learning a lot of valuable lessons during this time. One that has really stuck out to me is the power of the scriptures. During those times when I am down and discouraged from not being able to work, if I sit and have a pity party, thinking about all the things I can't do, it just gets worse. But if I turn to my Heavenly Father, and I study His word, those are the times when I gain more comfort and I learn new things. I have received so much personal revelation lately, not only for myself, but for also for my investigators and my district. It is such a blessing to be able to receive those little messages from Heavenly Father. They really are my lifeline right now.
And when we are able to work, the blessing come pouring down. One night, as we were going to visit an investigator who is temporarily in a care facility in Kelowna, as we got out of the car, a young man was walking towards us. I almost let him walk by, I was so focused on the investigator. But the thought "we talk to everyone!" which has been part of the mantra of our mission lately popped into my head, so I offered him a pass along card. And he became a new investigator! We won't be teaching him, but that isn't what matters. What matters is that he is found now, that some missionaries in Kelowna will have the privilege of teaching him. It's amazing. When you are being obedient, when you are following the Spirit, and working as hard as you possibly can, you see miracles all the time. It really is such an amazing blessing to be a missionary, and I am so grateful for it! No matter our circumstances, Heavenly Father is aware, and he is watching over us!
I love you all!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment