Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Kamloops Transfer 5, Week 6, Nov 11, 2013

So, just to forewarn, I'm having some issues typing today. I apologize for any horrible spelling or punctuation errors. I'm trying to catch them all, but no guarantees.
It was a good week. It definitely went by a lot faster than normal, because we got to bus down to Richmond on Thursday for a multi-zone conference on Friday. Elder Paul V Johnson of the Seventy was doing a mission tour, and they brought us all down to be trained by him. Super cool. And I got to see Sister Wright, Sister Ellgen, Sister Struempler, Sister Hughes, and all these other sisters that I love and adore that I don't get to see often. It was really good. He taught us quite a bit about helping people to progress and keep their commitments, and Sister Johnson talked about member work. So, the two things that I really need help with. It worked out perfectly.
Y's date for November 30 is still holding, but she is going to take a lot of work to get there. she is really scared about paying tithing, and she is still trying to quit smoking. So, we are just going to work really hard. She wants it super bad, and she knows that it is true, so the testimony part isn't an issue. It's just the executing of all the commandments. She wants to be obedient though, and she has the faith. She's just a little scared, which is totally understandable.
I really don't know what else happened this week. A lot of finding. I got to work with Sister Willmore (our sister district supervisor) one last time. She already knows she is being transferred. She has been in Vernon her whole mission, and she has been out for 9 months. President told her she was leaving. It was kinda sad for her, because she loves it there. And I'll find out tonight what happens in Kamloops. I really just want to know.
I love you all!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment