Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Westbank, Transfer 8, Week 3 Feb 24, 2014

So... I'm not actually in Westbank right now. I'm in Langley, which is in the lower mainland. It's actually the next city over from Surrey, where I used to be! But I'm still a Westbank sister. :) We are down here right now because A went through the temple on Friday and Sister Smigel's doctor's appointment is in a couple hours. I guess they didn't see any point in sending us back up, only to bring us down again. But I have to admit, it is really weird to be in a ward on Sunday other than the one you are serving in. But I was able to see two former Surrey 1st ward members who are now in the Brookswood ward, so that was super nice.
There really isn't that much to report from this week. Sister Smigel is still on bed rest, so we really haven't been able to do much. The Sister Training Leaders did a mini exchange with us so that I was able to do some finding time one night, but other than that, it's been nil on the work, which is super super depressing. I just want to go talk to people!!!
But I did get to go to the temple on Friday! That was really really special. I haven't been to the temple since the beginning of July, I think it kinda showed. But it was beautiful. Just beautiful. A was so happy, and I was able to see some of my favorite people. Sister Thayer, who originally taught A also came back from Provo to go through the temple with her. That was super special. It probably ranks right up there with the very best days of my mission. It was just so special. Heavenly Father really sent His angels to the temple that night, some of which I was expecting, and two which completely blindsided me. Two sisters, not in the Surrey ward that I was able to meet and become close to while in the lower mainland were also in the session that night, and I was so glad to see them! One of them is a returned sister and one will be leaving soon, and they were (and apparently still are) some of the angels of my mission. It was just wonderful.
Anyway, there is a ton of snow here in Langley, and apparently a ton in Westbank too. The bus tomorrow morning will be super fun! And then we have a zone conference on Thursday and the next Friday morning we head back down here for a mission conference that night, and then Saturday morning, we have another mission conference, this one with Elder D Todd Christofferson, Elder Aiduakitis, Bishop Causse and Elder Chirstensen. It is super exciting, but also a ton of traveling for us! It's going to be absolutely amazing, and I am so so excited!!
I love you all!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment