Monday, August 5, 2013

July 8, 2013

I have an awesome foot tan. I'm attaching a picture that I took during dinner at the library the other day. Guess that's what happens when it is summer and you are out walking all day. It looks a little weird though. But I like it. :) Everything has been crazy this week. It's our final week (fingers crossed really tightly) on the bus, so hopefully that will help with my exhaustation. I also get to take a long nap today, because Sister Carroll is going to spend most of the rest of P-day packing. I drop her off in Richmond tomorrow morning, and then I have no companion until Thursday, so they are putting me in a tri with the Langley sisters! I am so excited to get to work with Sister Wright and Sister Stewart. They are absolutely amazing and I love them so much.
There is no time to even breathe right now. M is still progressing towards baptism, but I'm a little worried. This week is critical, because her cigarettes run out either today or tomorrow, and after we see her on Tuesday, we won't have the chance to see her again until Saturday at the earliest. I am so grateful for cell phones, because we can stay in touch, but I am worried about her being alone with nothing to distract her this week. I am just praying that she won't buy more cigarettes and that she will come to church this sunday. She has to do something, or baptism on the 4th won't happen.

On the other hand, K and L are amazing! Not to say that M isn't, but they love it all!! They came to church, stayed for all three hours, and L actually particpated in answering questions in Relief Society. They believe that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet and everything! They are so golden and sweet and just amazing. The only thing holding them back is that some of their family is a little disapproving, but they have Sister A, who already has done all this on her own, who is supporting and helping them with everything. It is a little ironic that we have been working our hardest and searchign everywhere to find people like K and L, and they live right down the hall from us, and we already knew them. Right under our very noses. Gah!

Please, please please! Be careful about the example you set! There is always someone watching and you never know what it might do! One member slandering another on facebook nearly lost us the T's. They came so close to telling us not to come back, because one member had an immature moment on facebook. It is only because several other members have been wonderful examples that they are still willing to learn. It is so important that we always always set a good example in everything we do. When we are baptized, we covenant to take upon ourselves Christ's name, and nonmembers know that. As a missionary, I wear his name everyday. We have a high standard to live up to and we have to do it! Just as a member found us the M's, a member nearly lost us the T's. Everything in missionary work is intertwined with the members.

Anyways, I am so excited for this week. Transfers, the sister conference on Friday and just meeting new people and teaching them! It's going to be a great week. Also, the other pictures are from last night as we were walking home. Sometimes Surrey is just too pretty. It just needs less power lines :)

Love you!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment