Monday, August 5, 2013

July 22, 2013

This has been both a wonderful and bad week, all at once. We almost hit the standards of excellence. Once again, we were just one short. We only had one new investigator this week instead of the two we aim for. But we will get it next week. It's going to happen. I feel like I am constantly bordering on overexhaustion, but I am feeling wonderful about it. We are working so hard, and having so much fun together and I am absolutely loving it.
 
L had her baptismal interview on Saturday night. She is all set to go and will be getting baptized next Sunday at 5:30! I am over the moon about this, in case you couldn't tell. I love it. She is soaking everything up and just loving it all. She is so prepared, she really doesn't need the missionaries. Her sister did a lot of it, and we just showed up. So cool.
 
Our new investigator, My, is golden as well. She has three kids, and the oldest turns 8 tomorrow, so we are hoping that she will start listening and participating in the discussions so that she can be baptized as well. They came to church yesterday, and I was reminded of how our family used to be when everyone was smaller. Her two other kids are 3 and 1, and they were a little wiggly and crazy. The only difference was that I couldn't hold them and help keep them still. But My enjoyed church and we are going to see her hopefully tonight. Her baptismal date is currently for August 18th, which we set after the first lesson!
 
M, on the other hand, has dropped her baptismal date. She's still smoking, and I don't think this is going away overnight at all. She has been smoking for over 40 years! We just found that out. She told us last night that the church is for her and that praying and reading the Book of Mormon has helped her moods and makes her feel good, but she can't seem to give up the smoking! She is under so much stress from different situations, which just makes it worse. But we challenged her to throw it all away and to trust that Heavenly Father would take care of her, and she almost did it, but backed out at the last second. She did say she would pray about doing it when we came to see her tomorrow. I honestly feel like she is one of the big reasons that I am in Surrey, and I desperately want to help her. I don't know if I have every wanted something so badly! Please pray for her. She needs every last bit of help she can get right now.
 
Sorry it's a little short, but I am out of time. Love you all!
 
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment