Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 26, 2013


 So, I got transferred. And so did Sister Ellgen. And so did Sister Mullen. They pulled all the sisters out of Surrey and put two brand new ones in. And now I'm in Kamloops. It's a city up in the mountains in the eastern part of BC. You are going to have to look it up on a map, because I don't know how to be more descriptive than that. Sorry. And I'm training again. My new companion's name is Sister Foley, from Liberty, Missouri. Apparently she knows Laura. Small world. The broadcast with Elder Aidukaitis was amazing. He talked a lot about being a new era missionary and working hand in hand with the members. It was so cool!
 

Anyway, it has been a crazy week. Lots of goodbyes and packing. I do not like packing. I can't remember how we did it when I went to or left the MTC, so it was a little stressful. Also, I did not want to leave Surrey. I love Surrey and all of the people there. It is so sad to leave. I'm definitely going to try and go back some day soon. And M! She is so close to getting baptized, and now I won't be able to help her or to see it. It breaks my heart, but I now that I am here in Kamloops for a reason. Now I just have to find that reason. Since we have gotten here, it has been nothing but finding. Since we are opening, we really have nothing to work with. The elders gave us a few potentials and some formers, but most of them haven't been contacted for at least a year, so we don't even know if the information is current. It's crazy. But the ward is wonderful. 
 
We are only teaching one family right now, but that in and of itself is a miracle. We have a family to teach and we haven't even been here a week. The husband doesn't seem as interested, but I think that as we teach them more, he will be. He had a son, her step-son, that died four years ago, so I think that the Plan of Salvation will really resonate strongly with him. I am so excited to be here. I can't wait to see the wonderful things that are going to happen to Kamloops. President has doubled the number of missionaries in Kamloops. There are two wards, each of which had a set of elders, and now each has a set of sisters. Sister Benson was also saying that whenever President sends in the sisters to an area that has never had them or hasn't had them in a while, he expects big things. So we are here to do big things!
 
Love you!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment