Monday, May 20, 2013

April 29, 2013



Hello everyone!
       This week has been really up and down. We only taught three lessons to investigators, because a lot of them cancelled on us. One of them was to a man named I. He is writing a book about the Second Coming, and we think that he might be using us as a sounding board, instead of actually being interested in the church. He has committed to read the Book of Mormon, albeit about the Second Coming. We think that if we can get him to come to church, we can figure out what he is really looking for, so that is what we are working on now.
      Y is continuing to do marvelously. She is so excited, she actually asked us for Book of Mormon reading assignments. I get the feeling that she was waiting for us to ask her to read something, even though she has had a Book of Mormon for a while. Woops. But she is very excited. Now we just need her to approach her husband so that she can come to church. She could easily be baptized very soon.
       We also found a new investigator while tracting last Monday. He was actually my first solo door approach, and as part of my training, I lead out on teaching him the Restoration. Surprisingly, it went much better than I thought it would. I have been struggling in all of the role-plays that I have been doing lately, and it has been really hard to get my point across. But with A, it just came naturally. So I guess I just need the Spirit and a real investigator to talk to if I want things to work. He is a Sikh, and he has never read the Bible, even though he is very interested. So we gave him a Book of Mormon and a couple chapters to read, and we are going to bring him a Bible next Sunday when we go back for our next appointment. I really hope that this works out. We really need another solid investigator. So many of the investigators who were solid and progressing before I got here have slipped away. I've never even met most of them. It's like as soon as transfers happened, they decided they didn't want to meet anymore, or everything started to go wrong in their lives and they didn't have time to meet. So it's like starting from scratch, while still trying to keep these investigators. And then the Elders in this ward have so many solid progressing investigators. They even have a baptism this Saturday. I'm so excited for that, but at the same time, ward leaders are noticing the difference in our progress records, and one of them mentioned something about it on Sunday. I feel like I'm trying my best, but nothing is working out, but no one else sees the work, just the results. I don't know how to fix it.
       On the bright side, President and Sister T had some training last week with Elder Holland, and they have called a special multi-zone conference for this Thursday! From this and the little bits in his weekly e-mail, they got taught something really special. I'm super excited for that. And from Friday until Sunday, Sister C and I will have a mini missionary with us. It's going to be a little interesting, because Sister C has never done anything with a mini missionary before, and I obviously haven't either. So it will be an adventure.
       Speaking of adventures, we keep getting lost. I have no mountains to orient myself off of, and the map isn't always accurate, so we've gotten lost a few times because I can't figure out the directions. It's really funny, but at the same time, it wastes a lot of time, so let's hope I can figure out how to fix that problem as soon as possible.
I love you all,
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment